Sunday, October 30, 2011

a little more background

I am not rich. I am not famous. I am just a simple person, so I know that those who claim to represent the people of the United States of America have no interest in me or what I have to say. After 43 years of watching the country I was taught to love and cherish being torn apart and virtually destroyed by those who swore an oath to defend her I reached the point where I could not sit quietly by and watch the destruction any more. It is time to come out of the closet into the light. It is time to stand up for the Constitution of the United States and the principles of freedom that this country was founded upon.

I started drinking hard alcohol when I was 12. I started smoking cigarettes when I was 12 (to cover the taste of the alcohol). I started smoking pot when I was 15, at school. I used LSD a few times. I used psilocybin mushrooms a few times. I have never used cocaine, heroin, or any other hard drug, had plenty of opportunities, but enough intelligence and personal responsibility to know better. I was a high school drop out. I was an unwed mother (twice). I was raised in a Christian home. I was baptized in the Lutheran Church. I was divorced.

I am a 43 year old woman, born and raised in the United States of America. I am an artist. I am a quilter. I am a seamstress. I am a fiber artist. I am a designer. I am creative. I am intelligent. I am not mechanically inclined. I am an avid reader. I am a writer. I am a gardener. I am a cook. I am a baker. I am a wife. I am a mother of six. I am a friend. I am a sister. I am a daughter. I am an Aunt, a niece, a sister-in-law. I am a care-taker. I am a teacher. I am a mentor. I am addicted to nicotine & caffeine. I drink tea or soda, never coffee. I smoke un-filtered cigarettes, I roll my own. I am college educated. I am self-educated. I am happily married. I breast-fed all of my children. I home-school my children. I am an atheist.


I believe in two things above all else:
1.)The Right to Personal Freedom. I believe in the right-to-choose, the right to keep-and-bear arms, the right to free speech (even if it is offensive), the right to own personal and real property, the right to be free from illegal search and seizure, the right to be free from unlawful arrest and imprisonment, the right to travel unencumbered, the right to have dominion over my own body and my life.
2.)Personal responsibility. The second greatest failing of this country over the last 50 years has been the erosion of personal responsibility. Freedom is a responsibility. It is a responsibility to ourselves and to each other, not only in the responsibility we each have in fighting to protect those freedoms, but in the responsible use of our freedoms so as not to infringe upon the rights of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment