Friday, May 24, 2013

Drawing The Lines

Hello again Internet People!  I had an awesome thought earlier for what I was going to write about today, but I lost it, so now I am just going to start typing and hope that either that idea comes back or that another one pops in to fill the void.  So far, no luck.

I did manage to get some of those drawings scanned that I have been talking about, so I guess we will start there. 

 The first two here are simple line drawings.  If you can imagine each of the sections in a different color or shade of fabric maybe you can see how these would make awesome abstract quilt patterns.




   













 These second two are a little more complex.  My thought was that the fill in each of the sections could be recreated in quilting stitches.  And yes I know some of the sections are better than others, these things happen.  

I tried to color one of the pictures in on the computer so that you could have a better view of what I am talking about, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped so I gave up on that idea for now.  You will just have to use your imaginations.

I do have a couple of other pictures that probably wouldn't work as well as quilt patterns, but they are fun nonetheless so I thought I would share them too.  They could be recreated in quilting stitches if I was so inclined, but I am not.  They were just fun to make, and I think they will be fun to color too, someday.  So here are those:



 
I started another one last night that is similar to these last two, but all in circles.  It is coming together pretty well if I do say so myself.  The challenge will be to not start working on it again until after I get some shit done today.  I have a lot of things that I need to do today, but I really don't want to do any of them.  I will, but I don't want to.   

If I am going to get anything done today I am going to have to sign out of here and get to it. Before I go though I have one more picture to share.  I told you all about the teapot that I "drew", here is that picture:
I will be back again next time, and maybe by then I will remember what the hell I was gonna talk about today.  Probably not, but stranger things have happened.  Until then:


            

No comments:

Post a Comment