Sunday, May 26, 2013

No Patience For Stupid

Hello again Internet People!  I was reminded this morning why I don't read the  local paper very often.  The shear stupidity of people around here is overwhelming to me.    And the fact that most of them fail to even recognize how incredibly stupid they sound is extremely depressing for me. They think they are clever, but you can tell instantly that they got all their talking points from Faux News and usually they don't even actually understand what they are talking about.

I have very little patience for voluntary stupidity.  I was married to it for far too many years, all my patience was used then.  Now I turn around and find that one section of my own country is trying to promote stupidity as if it is the answer to all of our society's ills.  The problem is that stupidity IS our biggest and most dangerous ill.  Yet they continue to demand more stupidity.  They cut funding to our schools so that rich bastards can maintain their control over the uneducated masses.  Then they try to force what's left of our schools to teach fairy tales as truth and reality as fiction, oh and don't you dare mention anything that might help those kids become safe and comfortable in their own bodies!  That is NOT acceptable, ever.

It infuriates me.  I know there is nothing I can do to stop these idiots from destroying this country and the rest of the world with their fantasies and lies.  The only option I have is to keep typing my frustrations out to you, and to do my part to educate my own children to not become part of the problem.  I do my best to isolate myself from people who choose to be ignorant, but it makes for a pretty lonely existence.  Fortunately I enjoy my own company enough to make up for the lack of human interaction, but it sure would be nice to find that there are more than a handful of people on this planet with functioning brains.  Even if I never got to interact with them, just knowing they were out there would be magnificently reassuring.  And with the way our government and representatives are going right now I could use all the reassurance I can get!

Until next time:

1 comment:

  1. There are intelligent people out there. You spot them by the instant nausea or uncontrollable laughter at the mention of Rush Limbaugh, Sara Palin, Rick Santorum, or the Catholic Church.

    ReplyDelete