Thursday, May 16, 2013

Making Progress

Hello again Internet People!  I am just sitting here staring out the window trying to convince myself to put on some real pants and go outside to pull some weeds.  So far I am not having much luck.  It is going to be a beautiful day here in my neighborhood, I really should do something that involves getting my ass out of the house and into the sunshine.  I probably won't, but I should.

I have spent the past few days applying ink to paper in a desperate attempt to work through this latest nagging artistic need.  I am getting more comfortable with myself, but I still have along way to go.  I am using ink rather than a pencil in an attempt to force myself to accept my imperfections.  It seems to be helping, I haven't even crumpled up a single piece to throw away yet, so I must be making headway.  Every piece I have started I have "finished" no matter how bad I thought one part or another might be, so that is definitely progress for me.   

I probably should clarify the fact that I am not actually trying to draw things at this point.  I am basically just doodling.  I used to draw these complicated abstract geometric type designs when I was younger and I am trying to reconnect with that type of art right now.  I will worry about drawing actual things later, ... maybe.  When I get a few more done and start feeling a little better about them I will scan them into the computer to show you all what I mean, but that's gonna be a few days.  I will say though that even the worst one I have done isn't too bad.  There are some seriously  fucked-up parts to it, but overall, its not that bad.  So at least I am making progress with my attitude.

Well, if I am ever going to get anything done today I better sign out of here and get to it.  I will be back again, probably tomorrow, with more nonsensical rambling for you all to enjoy.  Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment