Monday, May 13, 2013

Time to Change My Mind

 Hello again Internet People!  I tried to write you a Blog post yesterday, but I couldn't get very far.  I had a really bad attitude to start the day and it was showing in everything I tried to write.  I was so busy obsessing over the people who are not in my life for Mother's Day that I almost forgot about all the wonderful people who are. Once I shifted my focus from what was missing to what was present, my attitude brightened immediately!  It is really easy to get caught up in the pity party, especially on holidays, but you can change the venue for the party and demand a positive party instead.

That is one thing I have learned through the years, you can lead your brain to where ever you want it to go.  You are in charge of what you think about, even if it doesn't always feel that way.  Where you focus your thoughts is where your brain will go, so focus your thoughts on the good in your life and you will find more goodness.  No, that doesn't mean ignoring the negative things will make them go away, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  But focusing solely on the negative is guaranteed to bring more negativity and no body needs that shit.      

Speaking of taking your mind where you want it to go, I have been working on taking mine on a totally new adventure.  I have mentioned repeatedly in the past that I cannot draw, well I have decided that I don't want that to be true anymore, so I am changing it in my mind.  Now I have no expectation of ever being able to draw like Leonardo DaVinci or anything, but I know I can do pretty much anything I set my mind to doing, so I am going to allow myself to draw, and be good at it.  I will let you know how that all works out for me.

Right now I need to get ready to go out and do some shopping, so I guess I better work on changing my mind about how much I hate going out and doing the shopping.  Until next time ...
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment