Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Joys of Pinterest

Pumpkin in a Pine Tree
Find Mother on Pinterest!

Okay, I admit it, I am hooked on Pinterest!  I know it is a silly little new social networking site to a lot of people but it is exactly what I needed at a time when I needed it very much!.  It has finally given me a way to organize my thoughts and inspirations that I can work with.  The whole visual concept works well, and I promise I will be working pictures into my Blog posts and the Recipes as often as possible to make them "pinnable" for all of you.

This couldn't have come at a more perfect time either.  As I start concentrating my energies on the art I want to create going forward I have been wanting a way to collect photographs and images from the internet in one place to use as inspiration for my work.   Bookmarking them works, but its not user friendly to my brain like Pinterest is with the big bright photos right there all the time.  I can see this consuming more and more of my time if I am not careful though, I know I lost the better part of today playing there and on Google+ trying to get all of Mother's Silly Pictures uploaded to one site where everyone can find them as they please and not as Facebook chooses to let them.  That is finally done now so I will be putting the links up here soon, as well as on Facebook.  I already linked them to Pinterest.  I was trying to find a way to connect all of these things to one place but sometimes the internet just doesn't want to cooperate the way I think it should, so I am taking the long way around, as usual.

I am still working on arranging the boards on Pinterest, I guarantee there will be dozens upon dozens of them by the time I am done.  And I know I have mis-pinned a few pictures into the wrong categories, but I have decided NOT to be anal about it and just freakin leave them where they are.  I will find them when I need them again.  And I am slowly discovering some pretty interesting boards from other people that I am starting to follow.  The whole visual display and layout really just appeals to me I just wish it was easier to bulk upload your own images as I could so see it being useful in so many ways for my personal image collections.  But now that I have found a work around for that I have started getting even more ideas on ways to use the site.

I plan on giving the Blog here some new features in the next few days and although they are really for my own convenience,  some of you may find them useful, but I am not going to tell you about them until I get them going.  So I will leave you wondering on that one.  I am sure some of you will find use for some of it, or perhaps you will know someone else who you think might find it useful.  I will share it on Facebook when I get something started so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment