Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mother Has Been Dyeing!

Mother has been busy obsessing over her art and has been neglecting this blog lately.  I will try to do better to balance the two going forward, but if you have learned anything about me by now you know that I won't.  I will continue on this hit or miss journey because that is how my mind operates.  u have actually sat down half a dozen times and started to write out a blog post, but I haven't gotten very far with any of them.  Hopefully this one will get to the point of being post worthy, but I will probably post it even if it isn't just cause i need to post something!

I have been busy dyeing and creating and planning and thinking and shopping.  I found a new vein of inspiration to tap and I am doing my best to suck it all in while I can.  For some weird reason I was also hit with a tsunami of depression last week that almost took me out, but I managed to find a tree to cling to and I am happy to say I think the worst of the surge has passed for this month.  I am pretty sure it was mostly hormonal, with a little bit of melancholy thrown in, so it should fade away until next month when we will see what the attitude fairy has in store.

I have been a little overwhelmed with all of the new ideas for my art that keep bombarding me.  I am trying to find ways to explore all of them at the same time and I really should know better by now.  I have about 15 different projects now in various stages of development, some of which will never get any further than they are at this moment, but they provided a record of the idea that may be more fully explored at some later time.  I am finding ways to pull together all of my previous "art" experiences and use them in new ways that I had never thought of before.  Even as I sit here typing this post I just remembered another weapon in my arsenal that I hadn't really thought to explore before. 

I promise I will try to start posting some pictures for you all of what I am working on here in the next few days.  There will be nothing completed, but there may be some things I could use some feedback on, or maybe not, I'll let you know if I am up for that.   I made a little cabin the other day that I am especially proud of, I think it is adorable, and it was so much fun to build, but you will have to wait till I get ambitious enough to take the damn pictures.  And I will try to get back to writing more regularly and posting more recipes soon.  I am trying to make some changes in my own life right now that I hope will get my priorities back into better perspective.  I have really lost touch with some things that are very important to me and I am working to find ways to refocus my time and my energies on those things too.  I'll let you know how that works out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment