Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Few Words About Those Words You Can't Say on Television

"Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cock-Sucker, Mother Fucker, and Tits"  Most of you probably recognize the "Seven Words You Can't Say On Television" from George Carlin's infamous comedy genius, and if you don't, do yourself a favor and look for it on you-tube or something.  The album was "Class Clown" and it was one of the very first albums that I ever owned on vinyl, still have it too, along with a complete collection of his recordings on CD, but that is another story.

 I learned my Love of words, in part, from Carlin, and that includes ALL the damn words in the English language (or at least in the slightly butchered version of American-English that I use).  I like to swear.  I enjoy it.  Yes, I swear in front of my kids, hell, sometimes I even swear at my kids.  But 99% of the time that I swear at my kids it is done in fun, not in anger.  And no, my kids don't swear when they are little.  All five of them learned very early that some words are not appropriate for children, once they hit their teens and can learn to control who they use it in front of, I don't care so much, but its just easier for them not to swear at all than for me to have to worry about them cussing in public when they are little.  Yeah, they all slip once in a while, because they have heard the words every day of their damn lives, but they have all been pretty good about it, it has never been an issue.

I know some people just get their panties all in a bunch over the use of certain words, especially the word - Fuck.  I personally Love the word Fuck.  But you have probably noticed that by now.  It is a very useful and versatile word that can be used to express a myriad of thoughts and emotions quite succinctly, and I fucking love to throw it in whenever the mood strikes me.   I understand that some people are sensitive to the word, for whatever reason, and I can accept that, but they need to just stay the fuck away from me so that we don't have any issues, because I am not going to stop using it for anybody.

Its funny, whenever I write a blog post here that is filled with those "bad" words (okay, so mostly fuck, and occasionally shit, I don't really use the rest of them much)  I usually get one or two people who at least comment on my "language" if not complain outright, but those posts are also the ones that get read by the most people.  If I am write something G-rated fill with fluff and happy, nobody reads that crap.  But if I cuss and swear up a storm, hundreds of people come to read it!  So, even if I had ever considered cleaning up my language before, you all have convinced me that that would be a really stupid fucking idea, so its a good thing I never considered it.  The entire point of this blog was so that I can swear without worrying about offending anyone.  I didn't invite anyone here who doesn't enjoy my language as much as I do.  If you found your way here and you do not like my language, that is not my fault.  You can leave any time you like, and please try to remember not to return.

As for the rest of you, thank you for taking a few minutes from your day to occasionally read the mad rantings of the crazy lady who Loves you.  I hope my words can entertain you, or maybe even inspire you to follow your own fucking path and find your own damn voice in this world.  I do not give a crap what anyone says, we need more people cussing and swearing about the fucked-up shit going on in this world today!  I spent the first 44 years of my life sitting quietly in the corner, cleaning my finger nails and biting my fucking tongue, I ain't doing it any more.  Not for anyone.  No fucking way, no fucking how, not fucking happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment