Friday, August 23, 2013

Grape Overload

Hello there Internet People!  I spent most of the day yesterday making grape juice.  I am over 5 gallons so far, and I am already really tired of making grape juice.  Oh my gawd did he grow a lot of freakin grapes this year!  Near as I can figure we have picked over 30 pounds so far and I don't think we are even one third way done yet!

I had a pretty damn productive day yesterday and I am gonna pat myself on the back for it, or I would, but my back still hurts badly at the moment, so I will just be doing it metaphorically.  I had a pot of grapes de-stemmed, crushed, cooked, and cooling on the stove, and the second load of laundry washing by the time I went out in the yard to work at 9 am yesterday morning.  I did an hour outside and then came in and finished off the first pot of juice and made two more, after picking more grapes.  Okay, well it may not sound like that much, but making juice is a lot of freakin work!  And it makes a big freakin mess!  Which I also did clean up.  So, there is that too.  

That flower bed I have been working on all week is starting to look a lot better.  I started working on the other side of the fence yesterday, and that helped immensely.  The flower bed backs up to the main driveway and has a hog-wire fence that is about 3 inches away from the concrete.  Of course the salt grass just Loves that little space!  I got almost half of it cleaned out, hopefully I will be able to finish the majority of it tomorrow, and then another day or two on the inside and I will actually have the first flower bed (of 5) entirely cleaned out for the first time in over two years!  I am probably getting ahead of myself on that one, maybe I better just be thrilled with the progress I have made so far.  Yay me!

I don't think I will be doing a whole lot more today beyond piddling around with some of the projects I have been working on.  All this gardening (and juicing) has really taken a toll on my back, and my hands, and I need some down time to recover.  So, after I wrap the mail, wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, fold the laundry, and feed the kids lunch I am not doing anything else today.  At least, not until dinner time.

Until next time ...

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment