Monday, July 22, 2013

Loafing, Learning, and Filters

Hello again Internet People!  Well, I did it.  I managed to make it through the entire day yesterday without doing a damn thing.  Well, except for all the meals I had to prepare, the dishes that had to be done, the strawberries that had to be cleaned, etc. ..., but other than that, I didn't do shit.  And it gave me a headache.  I don't think I want to do that again anytime soon, so I better find some shit to do today.  

I decided last night that I need to go back out to the storage room and take all of the books that I took off the shelves and put in boxes when I thought I was moving all my crap to the garage, and put them back on the shelves.  It would clear up a whole lot of floor space, and empty out a bunch of boxes, and make it much easier to find the books that I want when I want them.  It shouldn't take too long since they are all organized by subject already, but it will give me something to do for a little while anyway.

All of the stuff that I bought last week should be arriving over the next few days, so hopefully I will be able to actually start in on that whole learning to paint thing that I talked about yesterday.  I have been watching more videos and doing more research while I am waiting, and I think I am getting a basic understanding of the principles and basic techniques.  We shall see what happens when I actually try to put brush to fabric, but at the moment I still have high hopes.  Don't get me wrong, I know I am not going to be turning out masterpieces anytime soon, I understand the learning process, and my own personal learning curve far better than most people.  It takes time and practice to get good at anything, I just have high hopes for the potential that this skill set represents, and my ability to figure it out, eventually.

If there is one thing in this world that I truly excel at, it is probably learning.  I have yet to meet a subject that I could not master, given the proper motivation.  I never made it through Calculus, but that was due to a lack of motivation, not a lack of capability.  If there comes a time when I decide I really do want to know Calculus, I will learn it, until then, I think I will focus on the things I do have a use for.  There are not enough hours left in my life to waste them on stuff that isn't useful to my life.

Speaking of not enough hours, it has taken me the better part of hour just to get this far with this post.  Running everything I type through the 4 dozen filters that operate incessantly in my head takes a lot of freaking time!  And you thought I didn't have any filters!  Haha, fooled you!  There are a lot of things that I won't allow myself to talk about here, and a few things that I would LOVE to talk a LOT more about, but doing so would call unnecessary attention to me, and I don't need that shit.  Then there are the filters for those subjects that I am not emotionally prepared to address at this time, there are still a lot of those.  I may not filter my language very often, but I filter my words ALL the time!

Well, those books ain't gonna move themselves, and it is only going to get hotter the longer I wait, so I best get to work if I am gonna get any work done.  Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment