Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ode to Amy

Hello again Internet People!  I know, I know, I have already been here today, but I am back again anyway.  I just can't seem to get enthused about sewing today, apparently my brain needs me to write instead.  So here I am, writing to all of you.

Its Thursday evening here at Mother's house, and around here, Thursday's mean its "Big Bang Theory" night.  I freakin Love that show!  One of my absolute favorites.  And fortunately every body else in the house likes it almost as much as I do.  For any unfortunate souls out there who haven't seen the show, first, you have my deepest sympathies, and second, its a comedy about a bunch of super geniuses and the pretty (not super smart) girl across the hall that is often the smartest one of the group.  

I really just Love every thing about the show.  All of the characters are awesome.  The kind of people I would Love to hang out with (with the possible exception of Howard) if they were real people.  Sheldon might be a little annoying, but the entertainment factor he provides is priceless.

But my favorite character is Amy.  Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler, that is.  I freakin adore her!  She is so ...  , well, I haven't the slightest clue how to describe her now that I try.  I just find her hysterical.  The actress that plays her is fantastic!  Some of you might recognize her from other shows she has been on.  She was the star of "Blossom" on TV a few years back.  I never saw that show myself, or much of anything else that she had been in for that matter.  The first time I remember seeing her was on The Big Bang Theory.

 Here, let's see is this works, then maybe you can see what I mean :     

                       
                                          
                                               
Hopefully those will play for you all.  Those are my two absolute favorite clips of her on the show.  Listen to the way her voice quivers in the second one, so freakin funny!

What makes her even more awesome is that she really is a super genius in real life, and a very pretty lady too.  She has an actual freakin PhD in Neuroscience for goodness sake.  And she Home school's her kids!  

Now, she does have flaws and failings (turns out she is devoutly religious), but they have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I Love Amy!  Those two clips above, I have probably seen each of them over 100 times, and they still make me laugh until there are tears rolling down my cheeks!  Every ... damn ... time!  To me, that is the only thing that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment