Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy March!

Hello again Internet People!  Happy March!  Spring is right around the corner, and Summer cannot be too far behind.  I, for one, cannot wait!  I hate being cooped up inside all winter, I am so looking forward to being able to work outside in the sunshine and fresh air again!

In the meantime, my wonderful husband did build me that new frame I asked for, and it is awesome!  Of course, me being who I am, I gave him the wrong measurements so it is a little narrower than I had originally hoped for, but I think it worked out for the best.  If it had been as wide as I had wanted I think it would have been too damn big to handle.  

So, I mounted the background fabric to the frame and actually got to start stitching stuff down last night.  I have five leaves sewn down now, and the side of the basket handle that I had sewn down and then ripped out again is now sewn back down again.  

I also received the new silk threads that I bought online yesterday.  Not bad, two days from purchase to my mail box, halfway across the country.  So now I have 27 new colors of Kimono Silk thread to play with and oh my gawd it is heavenly!  Talk about invisible stitches!  I have been having problems telling where I have sewn something and where I haven't because I cannot see the damn stitches!   

So, now I am going to go get back to sewing and see how much I can accomplish today.  Maybe I will shoot you all a new picture for tomorrow's post so you can see the progress and how absolutely gorgeous this is starting to look.  It is amazing the difference just taking out the basting stitches and pins makes in the look of the project. 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment