Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Playing With My Pussy Willows

Hello again Internet People!  Yesterday was a busy day so I never made it quite this far but I did get a whole lot of other things done, so its all good.  I spent the afternoon tracing out flower templates again.  I screwed up all the crocuses and the pansies that I had traced out before, so I got to do them all over again. Which actually turned out for the best anyway because I changed the colors and configurations for them and I think they are much better than they were before.

I also traced out 90+ tiny little pussy willow buds, all of which will be double-sided and stuffed.  I started sewing them last night.  This is going to take a while.  

Since pussy willows are supposed to be fuzzy I am making them out of a flannel fabric that I colorized myself.  It was a white fabric, but pussy willow buds are kind of a greenish grey color, so I used my water color ink pencils to change the color of the fabric  without losing the fuzziness.  That was fun!  You get the fabric wet first, then rub the pencils randomly all over the fabric, then add more water to blend them together and wash the color through.  

I am going to use the same process for coloring the petals for my Jonquils.  They are white right now, but I want them to be a creamy yellowish color, so I will use the same pencils (in different colors of course) to color them.

I am planning to use a whole bunch of my art supplies on this project at one point or another.  I have all these really cool oil paint sticks and fancy crayons, and pens, and pencils, along with a thousand other embellishment type products, and I want to put them to use.  Some of this stuff has been sitting around being neglected for months, if not years, it is time to use them.  

So, no matter what I am working on, I set my project up here on the bed where I can just look at it all day, and I think about where I can add a little color here or there to make things better.  I haven't touched it yet, but I am staring to develop a plan of action.  Can't rush into these things you know, that is a good way to guarantee my fucking it up.  So I sit, and I look, and I think, and I think some more. 

Today, I am going to go play with my pussy ... willows.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist - I thought it was funny)  I have about a dozen of them sewn, and one of them is turned and stuffed (its so cute!), so I only have another 7 dozen or so more to go.  I mentioned that this is going to take a while.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment