Thursday, November 21, 2013

Frying My Brain On Acid

Hello there Lovely Internet People!  Mother has spent the last several days frying her brain on Acid.  No, not the drug kind, the software kind.  My wonderful husband installed Sony's Acid Music Studio program on my new computer and I have been hard at work trying to figure it all out.  

After three days of tinkering and farting around I have come to the conclusion that the 10,000 little pieces of music that I have to play with are not going to be nearly enough.  I think the obsessive compulsive part of my brain is going to have a hay day with this new little project of mine. 

I have managed to make a few pretty decent songs.  I still have to create and record lyrics for them before you all are gonna get to hear them, but the few people I have played them for have been remarkably impressed.  Even my husband, who I know had absolutely no confidence in my ability to do this (and rightly so since I have no musical background whatsoever to speak of), was actually left speechless at the awesomeness of my first musical creation.  That was so fucking cool!  The look on his face as he went from telling me that I don't know what I am doing, to realizing that maybe I did, I will treasure that look for the rest of my days.  It isn't often that I shock the shit out of him with my endeavors, at least not in a good way, so I have to make the most of it when ever I manage to do so. 


Now that I have a fairly solid basic understanding of how to operate the Acid program I need to get on to figuring out the rest of the software programs that I am going to require going forward.  I still have to learn all about the world of making and editing video, which I also have zero background in understanding.  That should be lots of fun.  And then there are still the graphics programs, and the web design software, but at least I do have some experience with those kinds of things, so the learning curve shouldn't be quite as steep for those programs.  That's what I am hoping anyway.

One thing is for certain, I cannot remember a time when I looked forward to going to work each morning as much as I do right now.  And tearing myself away from the computer when bed time rolls around has been increasingly difficult, which for someone who enjoys sleeping as much as I do, that is pretty danged incredible!  Just sitting here typing about it has gotten me all excited to get back to work, so I think that is what I am gonna do.  For now I will leave you with the results of my first attempt at working with my new graphics program, it turns out that I can "draw: pretty good after all, not great yet mind you, but its a pretty good first attempt for someone who can't actually draw.

Until Next Time ...  

 

                                         
                                                 
                                             
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment