Monday, March 12, 2012

Double Chocolate Drops


I made these for my guys yesterday to make up for the cookies that I seriously screwed up the day before!  Note to anyone thinking of adding marshmallows to chocolate cookies - DON'T!  Save the marshmallows for the brownies and rice krispie treats - trust me on this one! Fortunately, these turned out much better!  The dough is as sticky as peanut butter and molasses, but it sure was tasty!


Double Chocolate Drops

½ c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 ½ c. flour
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ c. cocoa
¾ c. buttermilk*
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in egg and vanilla. And dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop tablespoon sized balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

* I use just under 3/4 c. whole milk plus about a tablespoon of lemon juice instead of actual buttermilk, I have never bought buttermilk in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment