Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bullies Are Morons

Hello there Lovely Internet People!  Happy Spirit Day everyone!  For those who don't know what Spirit Day is, I found this link on Wikipedia which explains the origin and intent of the day.  And, although the day is meant as a show of support to the LGBT youths in particular, I think it is a good day to remember that every child, every person, in the world deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

I hope ALL of you out there are doing your part to teach your children and grandchildren not to bully others for their differences.  I fucking hate bullies!  Every last freaking one of them!  And I especially hate it when they drag me down to their level and leave me no alternative than to bully them right back!  From the terrorists holding our nation hostage to their outrageously hateful ideologies, to the corporate media forcing unrealistic and unhealthy standards on everything down our collective throats every damn day, to the little punk on the playground demoralizing his classmates to hide his own inferiority complex.  I cannot stand any of them!  And to anyone who says that Bullying is a normal part of life and people should just "grow a thicker skin", to you I say :  FUCK YOU YOU SICK FUCKING DOUCHE-BAGS!  Don't like it?  Well, grow a thicker skin.  Or better yet, try being a better human being! 

I am so sick and tired of the apologists trying to pretend that Bullying is no big deal.  It is a HUGE fucking deal and if you cannot see that you are probably part of the fucking problem.  "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" = BULLSHIT!  Words leave scars that never heal.  Words destroy lives, destroy families, destroy nations.  Words are powerful, far more powerful than any stick or stone could ever be.                           
                                              
I was never physically beaten as a child, not by my family, not by the kids at school, not by anyone.  But I was beaten bloody on a daily basis by the words of cruel and heartless kids and well-meaning but ill-informed adults.  I have spent the better part of my life being told, basically on a daily basis, how utterly worthless and and completely unworthy I am to even be allowed to breath the same air as other people.  Don't tell me that is not supposed to hurt.  And don't tell me to just "get over it".  It doesn't work that way.

People are people.  We are all different, and we are all the same.  Life is difficult enough on this planet without the constant need to place others beneath you.  That is what we really need to "get over".  Our differences are our strengths, and while I understand that being fearful of that which is different is an evolutionary survival skill that served us well at one time, it no longer serves us, at all.  It only limits us, all of us.  The way to a happy world does not lie in minimizing or minimalizing our differences, the answer is to acknowledge and celebrate our differences and to learn to collaborate our strengths, not clobber each other with them.

I understand that all bullies are essentially fearful and  insecure individuals who think their self worth depends upon finding someone they can step on in order to lift themselves out of their shallow dreary lives, but there is a better way.  A much easier way even.  Get over it.  Quit taking your problems out on other people and try accepting yourself for who and what you are.  Quit hiding from your truth and using your own fears as an excuse to punish those who refuse to hide from theirs.  

I want to make this point VERY freaking clear, Bullying others is a sign of weakness and stupidity.  PERIOD.  When you put down someone else you are telling everyone that you believe you are the "unworthy" one.

Together we can build a better world for everyone, but only if we can actually learn accept each other and ourselves.  As long as we continue to allow our differences to be denigrated and marginalized we are pissing away the best our world has to offer.  And I for one just wish you all would stop!  Now would be good.

For all the Lovely Internet People out there who may be struggling with the nonacceptance of others, please remember there are resources out there for you.  USE THEM!  There are a lot of people out there who will love you and appreciate you for who you are, I know, because I am one of them.  Mother Loves you, all of you.

Until Next Time ...
Remember ...
Bullying is for Losers 

For help, support, or more information please visit:

http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/                                             
                                                     

1 comment: