Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mother's Writing New Giggle Songs

 Hello again Lovely Internet People! I have been sitting here for nearly three hours staring at this blank page and trying to figure out what the heck to write about today.  Drives me crazy when I do this.  I have too many things to say, and to do, I don't have time to waste with indecision and writer's block.  This shit really blows. 

Well, now it is an entirely new day and now I do have some really good stuff to share with all of you.  After the several hours I spent sitting here doing absolutely nothing I had a sudden inspiration yesterday afternoon and I took off running with it.  And boy howdy did I run!  It turns out I have another hidden talent that I was previously unaware of, and this one is turning out to be more fun than I ever could have imagined!

Mother has ventured into the world of song writing!   Well, not really, more like, song re-writing.  If you have been around here since the beginning you probably don't remember me mentioning once, a long time ago, that when I was a teenager I had a major mind-crush on "Weird Al" Yankovic.  Right up there with the one I had on George Carlin.  While I enjoyed pretty much all the songs that "Weird Al" put out, I never really thought that I could ever do something like that.  Until I tried.  It turns out, not only can a write like that, but I think I might actually be pretty danged good at it!

I shared a couple of the songs that I re-wrote with a friend of mine in the music industry, and she said they were good!  Then I shared some with my husband and the kids, and they all liked them too!  Now, I realize that this is not a diversified audience sampling, but I am still going to take it.  

I have been going back and forth all night about whether or not I want to publish my new songs here in written form, or wait until I can record them myself before letting them out into the interwebz.  I have decided I cannot wait.  These are too much fun to keep hidden away.  I wrote them, so I do own the copyrights to all of them, so don't try to steal them or I will be really sad.  If you want to use them, I could easily be talked into selling you the right to do so, but I do expect to be credited, and maybe even paid.  

Either way, I sure hope you all enjoy reading these as much as I enjoy re-writing them, because I have a whole bunch already done that I am going to share, and I hope to re-write a whole bunch more before this phase of my creative development is over.  I am seriously having WAY too much fun with this shit!

I decided to turn them into pictures so it will be easier to keep my name attached to it.  Any attempt to remove my name would prove intent of fraud and theft. I really want you all to be able to share it with every one who might enjoy it, I just want credit for what I have created.  Just like everybody else.

So, Until Next Time ...  

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment