Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Mumford" and More

Hello again Internet People.  I am feeling a little lost in my own head today, so I thought I would come here and write for a while to see if I can find my way out again.  I spent the day yesterday stitching on my Drake again, his face is finally done and I was able to move the hoop over this morning to tackle the next section.  I took some pictures of it while the hoop was off, so here is what he looks like today:



I named him "Mumford" yesterday while I was working.  I don't know why, he just told me that his name was "Mumford", so that is his name now.  I will probably go back to stitching on him when I am done here, but I just haven't gotten the motivation for it yet.

My wonderful husband gave me some safety goggles yesterday to wear while I am stitching on the machine, I do feel much safer now.  I have worn glasses since I was 11 years old, so I never really worried about sewing machine needles flying back at me before.  Now my eyes have gotten so bad that I cannot see up close with the damn glasses on (and yes, I have bi-focals - they are of no help whatsoever).  So I am sitting at the machine, with my forehead pressed against the front of it, with my eyes less than 4 inches away from that needle, which I broke three time last week!  Fortunately I am sewing slowly enough that it really isn't an issue, but when I speed up to do free-motion quilting, that is just kind of fucking scary!  So, now I am safe again, and I do feel better.  Its funny, I don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to safety equipment, I don't wear rubber gloves when cleaning, I never wear a dust mask when working with dye powders, but my eyes, those I have to protect!  

I could live without most of my other "senses" (don't want to, but I could), but I have been blind before (temporarily), and that is one of the scariest fucking things in the world to me!  I cannot see well, never have been able to, except up close (and I do mean close), so what little vision I do have is extremely important to me.  The rest of my body can go to hell in a handbag, but I try to take care of my eyes.  Again, as I have mentioned before, I am a little weird.

Speaking of weird, here's your daily update on my eating challenge.  I managed to eat a total of six separate times yesterday.  Which for me is at least twice what I would normally eat, so that is good.  I slept in this morning for the first time in weeks, so I have only eaten twice so far today since I haven't been up that long yet. 

As for the "window quilts", have no fear, they are still in progress, just a little slower right now.  I am trying to actually take my time and plan these out before just jumping in with both feet like I usually do.  I have this idea in the back of my head of making actual patterns for these, ones that other people could use.  Not sure if I can actually manage that or not, but I am trying to keep the idea in mind as I work through the designing of these quilts.  I am sure I am probably over-thinking them, but there would be nothing new there either.

Well, it is almost time for me to go eat something again so I better wrap this up and get on with that.  Talk at you all again next time ...


                                  
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment