Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Why I Hate Shopping

Hello there Internet people!  I hope everyone out there on the inter-webs is having a pleasant 2013 so far.  I made the grand mistake of leaving my house this morning, so I am rather paying for that now, but otherwise, I guess I am not doing too poorly.  It takes me about a month to forget how much I hate going out into the real world, so I generally only leave the house about once a month.  Especially in the winter time!  It is fucking COLD out there!  And, yes, I wore my awesome quilty pants out in public.  Fuck what people think, they are warm and it was fucking cold, so I wore them.  And the only parts of me that weren't frozen solid by the time we came home were the parts in the pants, so I do not give a shit what anybody thinks about them.  I did get one comment from some lady who thought I was brilliant, but no body else said a word. 

Anyway, by the time we made it to our final stop of the day my hip was completely gone.  (This means it hurt so fucking bad I would have been screaming had we not been in public), but I still have to traverse through 100 miles of concrete isles to get the rest of the stuff we need.  I couldn't do it.  I made it about halfway and had to shortcut everything.  I let my husband and the boys finish the family shopping and I went straight for the shit I needed to buy.  I forgot about half of what I wanted to get, but I just didn't care anymore.  The boys have the new clothes and stuff I promised them so that was the important thing.  The stuff I wanted for me can wait till next year for all I care at the moment.  

Gawd I hate those fucking concrete floors!  I just cannot walk on them without feeling like my right hip has dislocated from the rest of my body.  My husband keeps trying to get me to use the damn electric shopping carts they have for disabled people, but I cannot bring myself to do it.  I would much rather just let him do the shopping and I will go find some damn place to sit down.  Like at home, where it is warm and comfy, and there are no other people to bother me.         

Unfortunately I will have to venture out again into the world this week.  The boy's have a dentist appointment on Friday and I am sure I will have to go along.  And that means grocery shopping, since the store is in the same shopping mall as the dentist.  More fucking concrete floors.  Oh what fun.  Not.  We still need to hit the thrift stores in the near future to get a few more new clothes for the boy's as well.  They have both outgrown everything, again.  The youngest will get the older one's hand-me-downs, but he also has to have stuff that is just for him, otherwise it isn't fair.  He doesn't get as much "new" stuff, since he doesn't need it, but he always gets some.

I did manage to get a couple of the things for me that I started out looking for, some rolls of 30" wide paper and some new very fine point pens for use in my pattern making efforts, and some new detail work scissors to use on the actual fabric pieces.  The other stuff that I saw that I wanted I knew I could get cheaper online, so I decided to keep waiting.  I am still trying not to spend any more money than absolutely necessary, but it is getting harder to keep waiting for some things.  I am too impatient for my own good, and way too obsessive, but I think I have mentioned that before.  I want it ALL and I want it NOW!  Fortunately I am a grown up, so I will just keep waiting until things start getting better and spending money doesn't seem so damn painful.  I might not want to, but I will.

                 

1 comment:

  1. I hear what you are saying about those stupid floors. I used to work in a warehouse club for 7 years, and I discovered that cross country sneakers worked best for my feet. Didn't kill my back or anything. I don't know if it would work for you, but it did for me.

    ReplyDelete