Monday, November 19, 2012

Abstract Thoughts ...

Hi There!  Me again!  Not sure who the hell else it could be, but it is still just me.  I had a pretty good day today, even managed to get the vacuuming done, which is an accomplishment for me.  And I started a new art quilt project.  Yes, another one.  No, I didn't finish any of the other ones yet.  One has nothing to do with the other.

So, anyway, the new project is an abstract.  I mentioned yesterday I was going off in a different direction in my art, that was the direction I was going.  Giving myself permission to just play with shapes and colors and themes in this way is a whole new experience for me, and so far I am thinking I am going to enjoy this immensely.  I don't know if anybody else will like it as much as I do, but I sure hope so.

I also learned something today that I was extremely disappointed that I didn't already know.  Remember the pictures I shared last week of the "art" that I did a few years back, the pen and ink drawings of the squiggly lines?  The "gel pens" I used for those and much of my other "art" over the last decade and a half, it turns out you can use them on fabric too!  I am so pissed at myself that I never even tried it before!  Most of them don't even bleed the way other fabric markers do.  And they seem to be pretty colorfast even after washing.  I have only washed my test piece once so far, but since I am wanting to use them on things that aren't meant to be washed anyway, I think they will work really well.   And, if it turns out that they do hold up to multiple washings, I have some other ideas I might want to play with them on later.  Of course, now I need to go buy new pens since I just threw out half of mine because they didn't work anymore, but that can wait.  

At this point its gonna have to wait anyway. Sales have sucked too badly lately for me to spend any money that isn't absolutely necessary.  I am hoping when I get my "Top-Rated" Seller status back on eBay tomorrow sales will start to pick up a little bit.  I know it made a difference last time, the increased exposure they give to the listings of "Top-Rated" Sellers at least gives me a chance at getting seen, and that is the biggest part of the battle.  Well, other than getting someone to actually buy something, but that is much easier if they can SEE it.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate eBay?  Some day I will have to write a rant about that.  If you have never tried to make a living selling on eBay, you would be amazed at how difficult they keep trying to make it.  (By the way, in case I haven't mentioned it before, I am not bitching in an attempt to get you all to buy shit!  I have, however, learned that the more I bitch about bad sales, the more likely it is that sales will improve.  It's kinda like a general karma thing, putting the message out to the universe for a share of the energy or some such shit.  I don't know, but it usually works, so just go with it, Okay?)

For now I think I will sign out of here and go back to playing with my new art piece.  I have over an hour left before bed time, might as well put it to good use.  Until next time, Namaste.
               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment