Friday, November 9, 2012

This Friday's Ramblings

Hi there!  I am back again!  I made marked progress on that art quilt project today.  The third time really was the charm on this one I guess.  I am not too sure how much it looks like her, but she does look pretty, so she is a keeper.  I have her face and hair done (well put together anyway) and I think I have found a background for her.  She still needs a neck, and maybe a shoulder, not sure how far I will take her yet.

I did end up pulling out my other drawer full of colored pencils.  As awesome as the Inktense pencils are, the color range is limited.  Since this project is meant to hang on the wall and not to be washed I can use a wider range of supplies on it.  I am even thinking about giving her real earrings when all is said and done.  As difficult as this has been for me stepping outside my comfort zone, it sure is turning out to be a lot of fun.  I think I would like to work on more portraits in the future, but there are some other things that I need to focus on first.  

I haven't forgotten the other Blogs by the way, I will be back to posting to them again shortly, I never really intended them to be as post heavy as this one is anyway.  I am going to be busy working for my husband again for the next little while though.  Business has really tanked since eBay's stupid rule changes last Spring and things are starting to look pretty bleak.  We need to find a way to boost sales, and quickly, or we are going to be in serious trouble.  So if I end up being kind of scarce for a while I am just working my eyeballs out and I will pick up again when I have a chance.  I will still be posting during all of this, probably just not as much. 

I wish I could just go get a job and bring in some real money like regular people do.  I have been trying for the last 25 years to figure out some way to make enough money to at least help pay the bills. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it never ends up working.  I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty much financially pointless.  I do work for my husband, a lot.  And he says it does help to make money, but nothing I have ever done on my own has ever been successful financially.  I just don't think there is anything that I am ever going to be able to do to change that.  Not that I have given up trying, I just need to focus on trying to help him first, because his business can pay the bills.  It did pretty good for us before eBay fucked us up so badly with their stupid arbitrary rule changes.

Where there is a will, there is a way, right?  I sure as hell hope so!  I don't know what the fuck we are going to do if things don't get better soon!  We have already told the kids that Christmas is going to be a lot leaner than usual this year.  Its not like they need a whole lot more toys, they rarely play with anything but Legos and video games, and the have plenty of both of those.  

Hopefully things will pick up soon and won't be so scary anymore.  I have to have faith that they will, the alternative is not an alternative that I can handle right now. 



     


  

No comments:

Post a Comment