Friday, September 21, 2012

A Few Words on Nipples

Today I am going to bitch about the Facebook Nipple Police.  I was going to write about something else entirely, but then I learned that my Favorite Cartoonist was banned from posting to her Facebook page, again, for posting cartoon drawings with female nipples showing.  In case you were unaware of this fact, female nipples are apparently the ultimate evil according to the Facebook Police.  Male nipples of course are just fine, and the nipples that animals have are of course just fine, but human female nipples are EVIL!  Seriously?!? 

This is not an isolated incident.  I have known several people who have been banned from Facebook for varying lengths of time over Female Nipple exposure.  The only threat I have ever received from Facebook was over a picture where some woman's nipple was showing, I didn't even notice the damn thing when I posted it, and you could barely make out a blur of discoloration, but someone reported that all offensive nipple and I got yelled at for it.  One of my Facebook friends has been pan from posting twice, once for a silly cartoon nipple, and again for posting a famous Renaissance painting that happened to have a nipple or two showing.

And we are not even talking about REAL human nipples!  I know several Breastfeeding support type pages on Facebook who have had to fight tooth and nail to keep their pictures up and their accounts open.  The whole thing is just so ridiculous that I find it rather sickening.  I have seen some pretty fucked up and disgusting things posted to Facebook that never get taken down, but female nipples are an unholy sin.  Really?  Could we please get over the puritanical crap already?  It is the 21st fucking century.  Nipples are a natural normal part of EVERY human body.  Either ban ALL of them, or don't ban any of them, but the double standard has gotten really freakin old already.  It is high time that some people, especially the Facebook Gods, grow the fuck up!

No comments:

Post a Comment