Sunday, September 2, 2012

Some Blogs That Inspire Mother

I have been reading the blog of a new old friend the last few days whenever I have a few extra minutes.  I call her a "new old friend", because she has been hanging around at Mother's Facebook Page so long that she already felt like a friend before I introduced myself to her last week.  When she mentioned her blog as we were chatting on Facebook I made a point of boomarking it for future reference.

Now, to be honest, I don't usually read very many blogs.  I have tried to find ones that interest me to follow, but most of the ones I have found were a waste of time.  I still haven't figured out why any of you bother reading this one!  But there are a few that I have come across that I just Love to read!  They each inspire me in their own way, and often give me a fresh perspective on subjects I may not have thought much about, or a new way at looking at things that I had thought a lot about.  I owe my interest in blogging, and my motivation to start this blog to one woman before all others.  "The Bitchy Stitcher" is my mentor and my inspiration.  When I first found her blog, about a year and a half ago now, I actually sat down and spent two days just reading the entire thing, from her first post to her last.  At some point while I was reading, we started having trouble with our internet connection and my husband wanted me to shut down all of the "non-essential" tabs I had open in my browser.  I kept the tab with her blog open, and shut down all the rest.  I told him, I wasn't leaving until I finished reading every damn post she had, and nothing was going to change that.  She was the one that taught me that I was not the only "offensive quilter" out there and it was okay for me to be me..  And that I could have a blog where I could share my real thoughts and feelings, and that might just be okay too.
She actually writes several blogs, all of them equally worth reading in their own right, but this one is my favorite.  Her unique take on learning to quilt is both inspiring and hysterical in equal measures.

There is only one "political"  blog that I follow with any regularity, I haven't taken the time too search for any others, I have mentioned before I don't much care for politics in the first place.  I wouldn't talk about political issues at all if it weren't for all the attacks on our civil rights that have abounded over the past decade or so.  I can't keep quiet about that.  I was lucky to have found "Whiskey and the Morning After Blog" on Facebook.  I enjoy reading his take on the issues of the day, and while I may not always agree with him 100% of the time, I respect his point of view and I find his blog to be insightful and thought provoking, so I read it every chance I get.

And now, after a few days of reading, I have a new blog to follow.  The name of the blog is "Splendiferous Everything", and I must say. I think the name fits it quite well.  The author has lived a whole different kind of life than I have, she grew up and still lives in a world so foreign to me it might as well be on another planet.  Her writing style is easy to read and her reviews of various movies, plays, and other major happenings in the New York Metropolitan area really painted an inviting picture.  I have never been to New York City, and I have never experienced a major theatrical production, and I can only begin to imagine the pulse of human traffic she has lived with all of her life.  I find myself spending more and more time reading and I look forward to seeing what I will learn next.  I can hardly wait for her book to be published next year so that I can read that too!

And that's about the extent of it.  I have "The Klonopin Chronicles" on my reading list, but I haven't taken the time to read very much of it yet.  I Love her Facebook page, and have followed her from the beginning over there.  She is funny as all heck, and I am looking forward to reading her blog, I am just convinced it will become one of those obsessive things where once I start I can't stop until I have read every post, and I just have too much work to do right now, so I am saving her for a special day.  I have read some posts from "Single Dad Laughing", and I must say he has a great writing style and a wonderful take on life that usually has me laughing too, but I have never been so captivated that I found it hard to leave.  That to me is the key to a blog I can follow, they gotta leave me wanting to read more.  I hope someday I can learn to inspire and captivate others as easily as those who inspire and captivate me.  But until then, I thank you all for hanging with the crazy lady as she rambles her way through life on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment