Sunday, December 16, 2012

Finding Comfort in a Dragon


 Hello Internet People!  My wonderful husband is setting up the new computer he just got for me (That virus the other day really screwed up the old one) so I have vacated the area for my own safety.  And since that means no sewing until he is done, I am here to ramble away at all of you for a while.

I have been hard at work on that Dragon picture I showed you all last time.  I probably have 20+ hours of stitching into it, and I might be 1/3 of the way done.  All the pieces are stitched down, and the sky is pretty well done, but I just started the detail work on the dragon, and I am still trying to decide what to do with the stitching on the foreground.  I am sure glad I pulled him out of the U.F.O. pile, this is turning out to be a lot of fun.  

I am especially grateful that I had something to focus all of my energies on given the effect that the recent events across the country would have had on my fragile psyche if I had not had somewhere to put my emotions.  My heart is still aching, for all of us.  The tragedy in the loss of all those innocent lives is overwhelming, and the loss of all those hopes and dreams is just devastating beyond comprehension.  I could never cope with the physicality of this emotional assault without somewhere to release it.  And I have poured every ounce of it into him.  

Since he has done so much to help me cope with all of this, I thought perhaps you all might want to see how far he has come.  As I said, he still has a LONG way to go before he is done, but progress is being made ...


This is a close-up of the neck which I spent almost 9 hours just stitching on the scales today!  I think I may have mentioned that I get a little obsessive - this would be yet another example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment