Friday, December 28, 2012

Setting Goals And Other Thoughts

Hello again Internet People!  I am back here putting in my time at the keyboard like a good little Blogger.  I spent a good part of the morning listing Counted Cross Stitch patterns on Craftsy.  For those of you who have not heard of it yet, it is a website, rather like Etsy, but instead of being designed for selling finished handmade goods, Craftsy is designed for selling patterns, wporkshops, and classes.  I signed up months ago, and listed one pattern, but I hadn't taken the time to do anything else with it, until today.  Now I have about 20 patterns listed, only 277 more to go.  I am not really expecting a whole lot of sales from it, Counted Cross Stitch Patterns are not a huge seller anywhere for anyone.  But you never know.  It doesn't cost me anything to list them there, so it sure can't hurt to get a little more exposure.  I am even thinking about putting up some free patterns there, but I haven't decided yet, I need to spend some more time looking around and seeing what all is available there.

My main focus is just to get myself into some kind of a productive routine.  I am not good with routines, never have been.  My life is too unpredictable to allow for any kind of normal idea of a routine anyway.  So I am trying to find a way to fit an abnormal routine into my life.  There are a whole host of things I would like to accomplish with what I have left of my life and I have wasted far too much time already.  It is time to get serious, time to make a plan and start taking steps, no matter how small, to carry that plan forward.  While there are a great many aspects of my life that I really have no control over, there are a few that I do, and I can work on those while waiting for somebody else to decide on the rest.

So as the New Year approaches I am trying to actually make a few resolutions this year that I might be able to keep.  Nothing drastic, nothing extreme, just small, steady steps in the right direction.  I am going to take you all with me too, so buckle up and get ready for the ride.  I know that my odds of accomplishing any task increase exponentially whenever I write about it here, so I am going to use you all as one of my tools to get me motivated to keep going no matter how difficult it may get.  It may not increase the rate at which I accomplish anything, but as long as I keep moving in the right direction it doesn't really matter how fast I get there.

I have come so very far in the last year since I started this Blog.  I knew way back then that I was going to end up sharing some very personal and very painful parts of myself with potentially the entire world.  And I knew even then that someday I would put my own name to what I had written here, I honestly didn't expect to get to that step nearly as quickly as I did, but I have never been ashamed of who I am or the life I have chosen.  I am only ashamed that I felt the need to hide it for so damn long.  I am not perfect.  I have made a lot of poor choices in my life.  But I learned from all of them and I am a better person today because of the lessons I have learned.  I have no problem taking ownership of my life, insanity and all.  I am who I am, and I like me.  I put myself out here like this, not expecting other people to like me, but expecting that there might just be someone else out there who is also struggling and might just find some comfort in knowing they are not alone, and that maybe, just maybe, they might be alright after all. 



                   
                               
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment