Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - A Year in Review

Hello Internet People!  Happy New Year!  This is usually the time of the year that I sit down and make a list of my accomplishments for the preceding year.  My list this year is a little different than it has been the past few years, there aren't very many quilts on it.  I only finished 5 complete quilts this year.  I quilted 3 others that I had left over from previous years, but that was about the sum total of my quilting this year.  I did dye over 100 shirts and more than 100 yards of fabric, and I learned how to use my screen printing system, at least at a functional level.  Oh, and I have written over 200 Blog Posts, here and on the other Blogs.

Let's see, what the hell else did I do this year?   Well, I spent countless hours working for my husband, that's gotta count for something.   I even managed to do some work for me.  Not that it has paid off much, but hey, at least I keep trying.  I have done a lot of research and some experimentation in the world of art quilting, and I did learn a whole host of new techniques and tricks to use going forward.

I may not have a long laundry list of completed quilts this year, but its been a pretty good year anyway.  I made a few new friends and I had a lot of fun, so I really can't complain too much.  I don't know yet what this next year has in store for me, but I am looking forward to it more than I can remember ever looking forward to a new year, so bring it on.  As long as the neighbors don't blow up the house with all the fireworks they are lighting off right now, I think 2013 might just be a pretty good year too.            
                               
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment