Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mother's Potato Pancake Surprise

Hello Internet People! Mother just finished her "work" for the day (other than the laundry - but that goes on forever around here), and thought she should stop in here for a bit before she gets back to stitching.  

I have a new recipe if anyone is interested.  Last night was a "Mom-concoction" dinner night, and this one was actually a success.  I was inspired by something my son was telling me his girlfriend made one night, and I had to give it a try.  Mine was of course nothing like what she made, but it was her fault I tried it so I thought she should get the credit anyway.

Here's the recipe (all measurements are approximations, I don't measure stuff when I make concoctions) :      

Mother's Potato Pancake Surprise

3 c. leftover mashed potatoes
2 eggs
1 c. crushed seasoned bread crumbs
1 c. finely diced ham
1/2 c. finely diced green peppers
1/4 c. finely diced onion  
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1 c. shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all the ingredients well, shape into patties and fry over medium heat until browned on both sides.  They were pretty sticky, you could probably add more bread crumbs to make it hold together better, but they turned out pretty well, and they tasted Great! 
                                    
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment