Sunday, February 24, 2013

Do NOT Touch Me!

Hello again Internet People!  I am here a little earlier than usual today and I am still not sure why.  I woke up at 7 a.m., and actually got out of bed.  This is not something that I would normally do.  Usually I would just roll over and try to go back to sleep for another hour, but I was wide awake and there was no more sleeping to be had so I got up, did my morning Facebook and email stuff and now I am here, trying desperately to figure out what the fuck I am going to write about today.

Now before anyone tries to give me a ration of shit for sleeping in everyday you should probably know that I don't get to bed until close to midnight each night, and then I have to wait for my husband to go to sleep so I can turn off the TV before I can even attempt it.  Most nights I don't get to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning, and then I wake up every hour or so, all night long.  So, getting up at 8 a.m. isn't really as bad as it sounds.  Cut me some slack, K?

I suppose its kind of funny that I hate eating because it takes too much time out of my day, but I really do enjoy sleeping.  It might take up a lot of time and it may not be very productive, but I really do love sleeping.  Maybe it is because I have been sleep deprived for most of my life, but then I have been food deprived just as long so I am not sure.  The only thing I don't like about sleeping is being touched.  Do NOT touch me while I am sleeping.  I have kicked the cat across the room more times than I can count because she tries to lay on my legs when I am sleeping.  No she didn't really go across the room! I couldn't kick that hard from under that many blankets even if I tried!  I did however give my husband a fat lip one night.  I did NOT mean to!  I was asleep!  He was warned not to touch me, he never listens.  Fortunately he does learn, so he doesn't touch me anymore when I am sleeping, at least not on purpose.

My Grandpa was way worse than I am.  I remember when I was a kid Grandma always made sure us Grandkids knew to never touch Grandpa when he was sleeping.  He would wake up swinging if you touched him.  If you hollered at him from across the room he was fine, but get within five feet and you were taking your own life into your hands.  We always assumed Grandpa was that way as a result of his service during WWII, but I am not so sure anymore.  I have never been in combat.

Well, I reckon I ought to get to work on something.  I am not getting anything done sitting here typing.  Except the laundry.  I already stripped the bed and I am on the second load of laundry for the day, so I will have accomplished something today, even if I don't do anything else.  But that's not possible, there is always "else" to be done, and I better get to doing it or it won't get done.  I will be back again soon with more rambling nonsense, until then  ...

Caption courtesy of my 10 year old son


No comments:

Post a Comment