Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Preliminary Picture

Hello again Internet People!  I am here to put in my time at the keyboard before I get to spend the rest of the day obsessing on my project.  I am in the middle of sewing the handle on along the first edge and I cannot wait to get back to work!  I did some more re-designing after yesterday's realization about the handle redesign, only three of the branches will actually go in front of the handle.  I think I have figured out how to stabilize them so that they can stand out from the quilt without flopping around, I just have to work out the details.

Before I started sewing stuff down I spent two days laying parts out and just staring at them for a while.  Trying to establish a feel for what goes where and when.  Hopefully, I have a pretty good working plan now from which to proceed.  I did take a picture to share with you.  Please keep in mind that at this point nothing is sewn down, it is all just laying there in its approximate position to give me a feel for how it will all come together.

                   
 The basket really is straight on the fabric, my picture is crooked.  


I went rounds with my husband the other day over that piece of green fabric I put across the bottom third of the basket.  I was trying to get him to tell me it was a great idea and that it would look awesome, but he didn't quite understand the concept yet so he didn't like it at all.  Once it is all finished you won't see anything except tiny spots of green behind the other leaves and flowers.  I was trying to explain to him the impossibility of placing individual leaves behind everything to cover the background, not that it is too much work, but that it creates too many layers.  I must have spent two damn hours trying to get him to understand what I was trying to do so he would tell me how great the idea was.  He never did.  Damn him.  Oh well, I have convinced myself that it is a great idea, and he just doesn't know shit.  Its working for me so far.

Now that I have updated all of you on my progress I think I am going to go make some more.  Until next time ...

                                 

1 comment: