Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mother Is Feeling Very Gay Today!

Hi there.  Me again.  I have been sitting here, enjoying my day, watching YouTube videos.  I have to tell you all that I have never been much of a YouTube person.  Up until a few weeks ago I rarely watched videos on the computer, well, except quilting videos, I went through a real phase of that for a while.  So all of YouTube is pretty much virgin territory for me.  Not that that has anything to do with what I want to talk about, but I had to throw it in there for some reason.

Anyway, I was watching a video, and the guy in it was talking about people using the word "Gay" as an insult, and how completely stupid and moronic those people are.  If you know me, you know I totally agree with him.  But, I got to thinking.  When I was growing up, which wasn't THAT long ago, gay still meant "happy".  Can I have that definition back?  Seriously, I do NOT want to offend anybody here, well, other than the ones I usually offend, but I am really tired of stupid people taking words away from me because they can't use them right.  Its not fair. 

When I hear the words, "that's so gay", I still think of it as a compliment, not an insult.  I know that is not how it is usually meant, and that is not how some other people see it, but I don't think being gay is bad.  Not even a little tiny bit.  I think it is happy, and happy is good.  I am tired of mean spirited, stupid people corrupting my language like that, and I just don't think we should have to put up with it.

I understand that some words are probably beyond recovery, and I do try real hard to be sensitive to people's feelings, but I am sick and tired of people twisting good words into negative things.  Words like "pro-life", "conservative", and "Christian", have all been twisted into meaning terrible evil things in our modern society, that's just not right.  I am pro-life, all life.  If you are only pro-unborn-life, you are not pro-life, you are anti-choice, quit lying to yourself and everybody else, I ain't buying it.  If you are not in support of green energy solutions, immediately, and conserving our natural resources for the good of all life on this planet, you are not a conservative, you are just a greedy bigot, it is time we call it like it is.  And if you are not in support of caring for those less fortunate than you, loving (and treating) everyone equally regardless of their differences, and protecting the planet that you claim your God made for you, you are NOT a Christian, you are a hypocrite, and I hope you believe your God is watching!  Cause he ain't gonna be happy, and his kid is gonna really be pissed!  If you think he died on that cross just so you could get away with being a hypocritical asshole, that is truly a sad articulation of your faith.  And any true Christian ought to be really freaking offended by you claiming the same beliefs as them, just as I am offended by you claiming to be the same species as I am, because, clearly, you are not.

So I hope every one will understand that I will no longer be allowing the fact that other people slaughter our language to stop me from using it correctly.  Its my damn Birthday, and Mother is going to Have a Gay Day!

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijJcqXoTcaoBG3kkp_7hl6Xna2cQKgMufscvqkMVXEyCmDJCyATaPMl1ve5jXa-WfGz5-C0pVyh03n_y_NiSRDUrG3tZIcYs2MD9o9EIp3PcJQA3flmN2HYxR6s1H6nlTu_lVCu5hF9vh-/s320/HaveaGayDay.jpg                                 
                                                 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, honey! You said what I've been thinking for a VERY long time! And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete