Friday, October 12, 2012

A Quick Update Before the Bitching Begins ...

Well, the bitchy blog post I started working on a couple of days ago still isn't quite finished yet, and I am really not in the mood at the moment, so you are just gonna have to keep waiting on that one.  I suppose I should have wrote a "coming out" post in honor of yesterday, but I didn't do that either, and I don't feel like it now, so that's not gonna happen.

I spent the day outside dyeing yesterday, and every muscle in my body is screaming at me for it now.  The worst part is I am only about half done!  It is a damn good thing I enjoy this so much or I would think I was insane for tormenting my body this way.  And you probably wouldn't think a simple thing like dyeing little pieces of fabric and t-shirts would be all that physically demanding, but it sure takes a tole on me!

I decided to take a gamble and start listing the T-shirts on eBay this week.  I listed one as a test, and it sold in less than ten minutes!  Needless to say this was all the motivation I needed.  I have now listed 30 or so, and of course, I haven't sold another one since.  Par for the course with my life on that one.  But at least I am trying, right?

I took a few more pictures of T-shirts yesterday evening, but I had to quit early because my Steelers were playing.  And, of course they fucking lost.  Why does this not surprise me?  Once again, par for the course.  I think my husband's team is doing better than mine this year, and that is really sad, for me anyway.

Tomorrow I will get back at it.  Taking pictures and dyeing both.  I still have a few t-shirts left that haven't been dyed yet.  I used up all the fabric pieces I had left yesterday, and I used up all the premixed dyes I had left over from last time I dyed, as well as most of the powdered dyes I had left.  I am stuck with green, red, and black and varying shades therein for the remaining T-shirts, there is no more blue or purple until next year.  When I am done with this round I am packing it all away until Spring, its just easier that way.  I am sure I will have plenty of other projects to keep me busy through the winter.

Anyway, now that you know what I have been doing, I can go work on some bitching posts for those of you who enjoy those.  I am suddenly feeling pretty bitchy, so we might as well use that to our advantage, don't ya think?  I think so, ....  Be back soon ...



                   

No comments:

Post a Comment