Friday, October 12, 2012

The Freedom in Anonymity

I was just sitting here thinking about the virtues of the anonymity of the internet, and how I have always looked at it differently than the way a lot of other people see it.  I know a lot of people see the internet as a place where they can pretend to be someone they are not in real life and get away with it.  For me it has always been the opposite.  Being anonymous has allowed me the freedom to be who I really am in real life.

I have spent so much of my life hiding myself from the world to ensure my personal safety and to protect the delicate sensitivities of those relatives who have never shown any respect for me or mine, that having an outlet for who I really am has been a blessing in more ways than I can count.  I still don't really feel safe in discussing some things too much, because frankly I am paranoid, but I have good reasons to be paranoid, so I will keep doing so, and I will probably continue to refrain from talking about some things as much as I would like.  And that is probably a good thing anyway, I have mentioned I can get kind of obsessive about some things.

So if you have ever wondered if the crazy woman who writes this shit is for real, I am here to tell you she is, and she is really me.  What I write comes from my heart and my life, and every bit of it is based on my personal perceptions, which may or may not always be based in reality, but they are always really mine.  I am still a work in progress, as I think all people should be as long as they are alive, but for the first time I think I may actually be becoming the person I was always meant to be, and I owe a great deal of credit for that fact to the freedom of anonymity the internet has provided.  In a world where I am free to be anyone I want to be, the only person I want to be, is me, and for the first time in my life I really can.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment