Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday, Again ...

Don't feel much like writing at the moment, but I need to put in my time today, so I am here again.  There are a whole lot of things I probably should clear up from yesterday's posts, but I will have to get there later, I am not up to it tonight.  I spent the better part of the day working on that quilt I started quilting on Friday.  It is a queen sized quilt, so it is a fucking pain the the neck to quilt.  Literally.   My neck and shoulders are burning they hurt so bad.  I am only about halfway done with this one and I still have another one that size left to do.   It is going to be a long week.

Its been a week since I decided to quit posting on Facebook and wasting all my free time there, and I have to say, I do feel better.  I have been getting a lot more work done and I haven't had to deal with the emotional roller coaster rides that were becoming so overwhelming.  I am quite proud of myself for being able to keep my account open and not let myself get sucked in.  I did spend about an hour on there yesterday morning looking at quilting and gardening pictures, but when I as done, I was done, and it didn't bother me at all. 

I even managed to do some baking and cook diner a couple of times voluntarily.  And in doing do so I learned something.  I need some new fucking pot holders!  Mine are disgusting!  I have a bunch of fancy, decorative ones I made a couple years ago, but we never use those.  No, we have two terry cloth ones from the dollar store that we have used the crap out of and they are stained and well, just gross.  So I am going to go cut up some old towels and make some new ones as soon as I get done putting in my time here.  I have a bunch of pieces of quilt bindings left over to sew around the edges so they shouldn't take more than a few minutes to make.  Why I have put off doing it so long will remain forever a mystery, but at least I am going to get it done now.  Maybe.  If I don't put it off again. 

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment