Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Its Definately a Tuesday

Well, I broke my streak yesterday.  It was the first day in over a month that I didn't take the time to sit down and write, at all.  In my defense, I did spend the entire day working my ass off, and by the time I was done working all I wanted to do was sleep, and I had to get up at 6 o'clock in the fucking morning today for some ungawdly reason, so writing kinda fell off the priority list for the day.   But I am back with a vengeance (no, not really) today, and needing to make up for lost time.

I spent 7 hours out in the sewing room yesterday taking the rest of the pictures of all of those t-shirts.  And then, after spending an hour and a half fighting with my computer to download all of those pictures from the camera's memory card to the computer's hard drive, half of the pictures are gone!  And, no, don't try to tell me they can still be found and recovered, because they are completely and totally gone, as in the fucking card has been re-formatted again, gone!  So, now I get to go do it all over again, well, half of it all anyway.  Oh well, this is how my life generally goes, so its not a big surprise or anything, just par for the course.

In the mean time I have plenty of pictures that I did manage to save to keep me busy for a day or two. And I certainly am not lacking for anything to keep me busy anyway.  I just need to get so may things done before the cold weather hits that these little set backs are beyond frustrating.  Fortunately my dye stuffs I ordered should be here tomorrow so I will be dyeing this week and that will take one more project off the list.  After this round I will be out of fabric and white T-shirts, so there will be no more dyeing until next year.  I should probably spend tomorrow pinning those last three quilt tops I wanted to get done so I will be able to put the tables away for the winter when I am finished with the dyeing.  I have just left the darn thing set up on the front driveway for the last three weeks, somehow I don't think they would fair very well through the winter though.

Yes, I did notice that I said I worked my ass off all day, but I only spent 7 hours taking pictures, and yes I know 7 hours does not an entire day make.  Laundry, on the other hand, generally makes several hours on its own, and since I was a dumbass and piled all the clean laundry on our bed while I was taking pictures all day, I had to spend another 3 hours folding all the stuff so we could go to bed!  And I did have to "work" a little yesterday, and those damn kids still expect me to keep feeding them and doing stuff for them, so they drain the hours from everyday by siphoning off a few minutes here and there.  So the whole damn day was accounted for in some kind of work or another.

Today, not so much.  As I mentioned we had to get up at 6 o'clock in the freaking morning today, this is not a good time of day for me.  8 o'clock is generally good.  6 o'clock is just plain fucking evil.  We don't go to bed until midnight most days, and I have to wait for my husband to fall asleep before I can turn off his damn TV and go to sleep myself.  So, 5 hours of sleep just doesn't work for me.  At all.  Not even a little bit.  But, the youngest child had a dentist appointment this morning at 8 a.m., so I was up at 6 a.m.  I am just counting my lucky stars that my husband actually took him to the appointment and that I didn't have to go!  If I had been required to go with them I would have had to be up at 4:30 or 5:00!

So I did get up, got them out the door, finished my "work" for the day, and spent a couple of hours sorting and fixing pictures, by which time they were back home and I had the good fortune of being able to wait on my youngest child hand and foot for the next two hours while he recuperated from his dental work.  At 11:30 I fed the boys their lunch, and I went back to bed!  Slept like a rock for two straight hours.  I probably could have slept a lot longer, but there are still things I want to do today, and I can't do them while I am sleeping!  So, I am up, and now that I have put in my time writing for the day, I better get back to work before I change my mind and decide sleeping is more inviting after all.

                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                              
                                                           













1 comment: