Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Short Ramble

I almost didn't make it here today.  I have been busy, busy, busy!  I started quilting at 10 o'clock this morning, and I managed to finish one quilt and almost finish quilting a second by 5:20 pm.  I had to stop before the football game started tonight, as my husband's team was playing, and he likes to actually hear the game when it is on, not my sewing machine.  I do not understand it, but I can accommodate it.  I even made dinner tonight so that he wouldn't have to miss any of the game.  I am an awesome wife.

So, since I had to turn off the machine for a while I decided to start on a new art piece.  I chose a Phoenix as my focus for this piece.  It signifies my decision to rise from the ashes of my past and begin to live again.  I am even sorta of working on a poem to go along with it.  It is still pretty fluid at the moment, but, when I manage to firm it up a little more I will share it with you.  I can't really show you the picture yet, there really isn't much to see but a pile of parts and pieces.  Once I can start fusing it together I will start sharing pictures for you.  You all have been here and put up with all my craziness, I figure the least I can do is let you join me on this journey on every way I can.

In the meantime, all this work and creativity left very little time today for writing.  I almost decided to blow it off and not even bother to try to write anything today, but I thought better of it.  I have done so well at devoting that bit of time each day to writing, I am afraid if I let myself slack, even one day, I will fall back off the wagon as it were.  And I don't want to do that.  I am enjoying this wagon ride, and apparently a few of you are too, so I better make sure I stay on board.  And this is why I am sitting here typing when I should be getting ready for bed. 

 But, now that I have taken the time to write, at least a little bit, I think I better just call it a night.  Tomorrow is another day and it will be here before I know it. Until next time, Namaste.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment