Thursday, October 18, 2012

Any Body Want A Quilt?

Hello Internet People!  Mother has had another very productive day and she is very pleased with herself.  Very tired, but very pleased.  I have three brand new quilts all finished and ready to find new homes.  I was thinking today that I should give you all first crack at them.  Now, I know most of you are as money-strapped as I am so I am really not expecting much to come of this, but I wanted to make the offer anyway, just in case.  I really wish I could just win the damn lottery so that I wouldn't have to worry about money anymore and I could just give these away, but until that happens I have to keep trying to make some money any way I can.

 On the off chance that anybody does want one you can either comment here (I won't publish it of course) or email me at motherisnotpleased@gmail.com and let me know your email address and which one you want, and I can send you a PayPal invoice for it.  They will each fit within the large Priority Mail Box, so the shipping will be an additional $14.95 each.  When I list them on Etsy the prices will go up a little bit to cover their fees, but if you contact me directly I will give you the prices listed below.

So, This is "Cobblestone Jungle" - $140.  It is 67" wide by 86" long, a good size for a twin size bed or just a nice cozy lap quilt.  The top is made with beautiful batik fabrics, the back is a single piece of navy blue 100% cotton fabric, the batting is 100% polyester, and it is quilted with cotton thread.  This quilt is an original design based off of a classic Cobblestone block pattern and quilted all-over in a meandering pattern.    

"Cobblestone Jungle"


"Cobblestone Jungle" - back
"Cobblestone Jungle" - detail
                      
















This is "Serendipity Fields" - $240.  It is one of a series of original contemporary quilts which I designed using batik fabrics in combination with fabric which I hand dyed myself.  The back of this quilt is a bright yellow 100% cotton fabric, pieced in three sections. The batting and the thread used in this quilt are also 100% cotton.  This quilt is 75" x 88", about the size for a Full-sized bed or a very cozy lap quilt and it is quilted with an all-over meander design. 

"Serendipity Fields"

"Serendipity Fields" - detail

"Serendipity Fields" - back

                             





























This is "Harvest Serendipity" - $140.  It is another one of the series of original contemporary quilts which I designed using batik fabrics in combination with fabric which I hand dyed myself.  The back of this quilt is a combination of two green 100% cotton fabric, pieced in three sections. The batting is an 80/20 cotton/polyester blend and the thread used in this quilt is 100% cotton.  This quilt is 54" x 75", about the size for a very cozy lap quilt and it is quilted with an all-over meander design.


"Harvest Serendipity"

"Harvest Serendipity" - detail

"Harvest Serendipity" - detail

"Harvest Serendipity" - back
  
Well, at least now I have a good start on the write-ups for when I list them on Etsy if no one out there reading this is interested or able to buy them.  I really would like them to go to someone who can appreciate the Love that I have stitched into each one.  I made them thinking of all of you out there who have followed this crazy lady in her journey out of the shadows.  I had to at least give you the first chance.                    

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them! I really wish I had your talent :)
    I have been saving baby clothes to make quilts for my children.... one day... lol
    I really wish I had extra $$$ for one :(
    And I'm so happy you decided to keep posting on FB
    Ok... ending middle of the night ramblings

    ReplyDelete