Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another Day Lost in Facebook

Well, I suppose it should come as no surprise that after lamenting the lack of hours in a day and congratulating myself on my ability to quit wasting so much time on Facebook, I just shot the whole morning and half the afternoon to hell screwing around on Facebook!  Damnit.  

 In my defense I was chatting with a friend, and I don't get to do that very much.  And I did take a bath and get dressed - and even hacked away some more at my hair.  And I fed the kids of course, a couple of times already, they still insist on eating several times a day, no matter what plans I may or may not have.  And I did do the dishes, and clean the kitchen, and deal with my "work" for the day as well, but I still feel like I wasted the entire morning on Facebook.  

I really should go finish quilting the borders on that quilt I almost finished yesterday.  It will take me less than an hour to finish it off, but I just can't seem to get started.  I am trying to be a little bit patient with myself right now though.  As much as there are all these things that I really want to get done, yesterday, I still have to live with the body I have, and it is not up to doing much of anything today.  I know the difference between when I am being "lazy" and when I am just dealing with the realities that life has thrown at me., and this is a case of the latter.  This week has been a tough one, and I am not going to push myself to do more than is necessary until the pain subsides back to tolerable levels. 

In the meantime, I will sit here on my bed, typing away at all of you people, berating myself for not getting more stuff done.  I am teasing about that last part.  Usually.  I seem to be pretty fond of self-deprecating humor, especially when my ego is on an "up" swing.  And I am feeling pretty good mentally and emotionally right now.  The mind is willing, but the body is weak.  And fucked up.  But, such are the days of my life.  And, this too shall pass.  Eventually.  Hopefully soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment